Friday 15 May 2009

Tony Hawk RIDE

I have played the majority of the Tony Hawk games all the way back to the playstation days but the recent incarnations have been below par. Because of the drop in quality I defected to the glorious game that is Skate and Skate2. EA have staged a remarkable rebirth of the genre by completely redesigning the control method and taking the game back to its roots.

I have been intrigued to see what Activision could come up with to counter the emergence of the almighty Skate. With this in mind Activision have revealed their challenger.


A digital skateboard peripheral...

Now this 'could' be amazing but it also could be a horrible gimmicky piece of rubbish that will gather dust in your cupboard while you finish off the last few freeskate challenges on Skate2. But I admire Activision for trying something new and I for one will be first in line to pick this up and try it out.

I just hope my balance is better on this than it was on a real skateboard.

I'll post more details as they emerge because I'll be following this game like a Hawk...no pun intended.

1 comment:

  1. I feel we have too many peripherals as it is. I plan on standing on this board, on top of a wii fit, holding a GH guitar and a Lips Microphone....all in front of my Live Vision camera.

    Well written-look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete